Hello Innovation owns and operates a strong set of businesses powered by innovation and change. We are disruptive by design and love solving the world’s toughest business challenges. It’s in our DNA to change the world and improve lives through our portfolio of companies.
Intrigued? Perfect. Hello Innovation is looking for a top notch UX Lead to work with our merry band of pirates to create world-changing products.
Do you have a passion for problem-solving and storytelling? Are you obsessed with studying, understanding and responding to user needs? Do you want to create engaging interfaces that solve real problems and delight users? Then imagine what you can do working with a group of the brightest minds in our get-sh*t-done culture.
We’re looking for a visionary UX Lead to help us craft products that go beyond meeting basic expectations to create unique, pure and emotional experiences. They will play a key role on our creative team through research, strategy development, product definition and concepting. Our UX Lead will serve as the the driving force behind creating meaningful connections between our customers through thoughtful design.
This is NOT just a role for pushing designers in the right direction - we’re looking for a hands-on go getter who is willing to roll up their sleeves. You’ll work hand-in-hand with our multidisciplinary team of product owners, the creative team, customer support, engineers and business leads to successfully move from early stage product concepts to delivery.
- Collaborate closely with team members to craft a world-class user experience across all of our products and platforms.
- Balance user needs, technical constraints, and business objectives to solve problems effectively.
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship for a multi-disciplinary team of strategists, copywriters, graphic designers and developers while advocating the best design for the end user and giving / receiving feedback.
- Create and lead the creation of amazing interaction designs, being the champion of usability and user-centered design principles.
- Measure and analyze user experience research and testing to validate designs, get user feedback and identify opportunities to improve the customer experience.
- Work with product owners and key stakeholders to brainstorm and identify opportunities, executing them as a flawless part of the overall user experience.
- Advocate for collaborative design, design thinking, and an inclusive UX process.
- Mentor junior talent in our creative team.
- 5+ years experience creating interfaces, large scale websites, or applications.
- Extensive experience designing for mobile and tablets, both native app design and mobile web.
- Candidate must provide a strong portfolio with work samples showcasing UX expertise, interaction design, creativity, and depth of thought.
- Successful track record creating killer products.
- Experience in working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work.
- Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment.
- Works collaboratively with other intelligent and talented types – no egos please.
- Open to feedback and knows how and when to defend design choices.
- Expert in UX software applications (Pencil, Omnigraffle, Balsamiq, Illustrator, Fireworks, etc.)
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Get the Apple Hook-up
- Our Creative Team gets the latest and greatest Apple gear - including a Macbook Pro or 27” iMac and dual displays.
- Great Benefits
- Our full coverage benefits package is available to all employees and includes health, dental and 401(k).
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 15 paid days off to start PLUS additional breaks including 9 paid holidays, a Parental Leave Program, and more!
- Lunch and Snacks
- Our kitchen is loaded with snacks, pop, wine & beer, and if you need a caffeine boost we’ve got you covered with our coffee bar!
- Knowledge is power, which is why we encourage all employees to check out the latest industry happenings. We’ll cover the cost!
- Plus much more!
- Flexible working hours, monthly tech talks and weekly fitness classes, to name a few.
Detroit, Michigan - in the heart of Greektown!
Hello Innovation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, State or local law.