Hello Innovation owns and operates a strong set of businesses powered by innovation and change. We are disruptive by design and love solving the world’s toughest business challenges. It’s in our DNA to change the world and improve lives through our portfolio of companies.
There’s no shame in being ambitious at Hello Innovation; career growth is a priority for us – we help one another climb, we don’t climb over one another. A team-driven environment and high levels of integrity serve as incubators for entrepreneurial minds.
Intrigued? Perfect. If you’re ready to be inspired, challenged and leave work everyday knowing you did the best damn design of your life, you’ve come to the right place.
Do you live to create videos that spark emotions and inspire those who are watching? Do you have a killer demo reel to prove it? Are you often called a modern-day, video-creating Picasso? Then imagine what you can do working with some of the brightest minds in the world in our get-sh*t-done culture!
Hello Innovation is looking for a well-rounded, uber-creative Video Production Specialist who will drive projects through all stages of video production, including: directing, filming, interviewing, boarding, editing, encoding, uploading, and managing media. This role is dependent on your ability to translate ideas and scripts into full-blown video masterpieces, so be ready to roll up your sleeves and put your thinking cap into full gear!
If you enjoy a fun, fast-paced, startup environment and want to share your talents with a large audience, we look forward to hearing from you!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered for this position, you MUST provide a link to your demo reel.
- Work closely with our Creative and Marketing teams to develop, create, and produce videos, including: promotional, product, marketing and company videos.
- Create and edit video content for multi-platform use and distribution including: online, DVD and social media channels.
- Help create and build our in-house video department.
- Participate in planning meetings and support content creation.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the video production needs.
- Use your creative eye and technical experience to film a variety of videos on-site, including company events, interviews, promotional videos, etc.
- Create motion graphics and animations using 2D and 3D applications for marketing and promotional usage.
- At least 3 years of video production experience.
- In-depth knowledge of the video production process: directing, filming, interviewing, boarding, editing, encoding, uploading, and managing media.
- Production skills: photography and videography, camera operation, sound, lighting, and quality sound capture.
- Program expertise: Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Adobe Premiere (bonus points if you can use Lightroom or Cinema 4D).
- Equipment expertise: Canon 5D Mark II and III; Kessler equipment (Dolly, Slider, Jib).
- Proven range of both pre-production and post-production skills.
- Experience working with, or in, a startup environment is a strong plus.
- Mastery of a variety of styles and flavors.
- Big ideas, big ambition, not-so-big ego.
- Self-driven and motivated.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Benefits & Perks!
- Get the Apple Hook-up
- Our Creative Team gets the latest and greatest Apple gear - including a Macbook Pro or 27” iMac and dual displays.
- Killer Benefits
- Our full coverage benefits package is available to all employees and includes health, dental and 401(k).
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 15 days to start PLUS additional breaks including 9 paid holidays, a Parental Leave Program, and more!
- Lunch and Snacks
- Our kitchen is loaded with snacks, pop, wine & beer, and if you need a caffeine boost we’ve got you covered with our coffee bar!
- Knowledge is power, which is why we encourage all employees to check out the latest industry happenings. We’ll cover the cost!
- Plus much more
- Flexible working hours, monthly tech talks and weekly fitness classes, to name a few.
Detroit, Michigan - in the heart of Greektown!
Hello Innovation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, State or local law.