Join the Revolution. Work with a company that’s changing the world. Hello Innovation is a high performance, business incubator powered by innovation and change. We are disruptive by design. We love solving the world’s toughest business challenges. It’s in our DNA to change the world and improve lives through our portfolio of companies.
Intrigued? Perfect. If you’re ready to be part of a company that’s exploding with growth, debt free, and lives to change the world, let’s see where you can put your talents to work.
Are you a front-end developer who has solid coding chops, but isn't afraid to bust out Photoshop? Do you feel the beauty is in the details? Are you a know-it-all when it comes to creating rich interactive experiences? Then imagine what you can do working with a group of the brightest minds in our get-sh*t-done culture!
Hello Innovation is looking for a Website Architect who is passionate about programming interactive technologies and committed to building unique and innovative user experiences. As the Website Architect, your work will transform into compelling, usable, and media-rich interactive experiences - ranging from websites, games, applications and widgets, to intelligent user interfaces for mobile and the console.
You’ll be building the coolest navigation and presentation interactions that "feel" real and respond intelligently to user interactions using the latest technologies (HTML 5, CSS 3, Advance JS frameworks and emerging Mobile development platforms).
We are NOT looking for someone who will only do as we ask... we’re looking for someone who will help guide the development strategy and how it will be executed.
NOTE: Please state your salary requirement in an hourly pay range.
- Participate in general project planning meetings with key team members in our creative and engineering teams to plan and build innovative experiences.
- Own website performance, making sure it is as fast as it can be.
- Set-up the testing instances that the application runs on - and then, eventually, the deployment instances.
- Facilitate the process of taking a release, building it, uploading it to a static edge-cached content delivery network, and flipping the switch to make it live (having a documented and fast rollback mechanism in place).
- Monitor errors and logs.
- Create development standards to be used across the entire organization - and make sure that they are being followed! Based on the requirements of each project, define the best.
- Automate, automate, automate!
- 7+ year’s experience developing and deploying Internet sites and applications in an agency / design firm environment.
- Expert with hand-coding advanced HTML, CSS, JS/AJAX.
- Expert with integration of complex applications using PHP or .Net.
- Passionate about pushing the boundaries of interactive technologies.
- Expert with the latest web authoring tools and latest Adobe Creative Suite.
- Expert with cross-platform, multi-browser issues.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with product development life cycles.
- Experience with enterprise level software development practices (sprints, version control systems, issue tracking tools, local build environments).
- Must be comfortable working in a collaborative environment with Producers, Designers, and other Developers.
- Must be flexible and be willing to move between tasks as needed.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Great Benefits
- Our full coverage benefits package is available to all employees and includes health, dental and 401(k).
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 15 paid days off to start PLUS additional breaks including 9 paid holidays, a Parental Leave Program, and more!
- Lunch and Snacks
- Our kitchen is loaded with snacks, pop, wine & beer, and if you need a caffeine boost we’ve got you covered with our coffee bar!
- Knowledge is power, which is why we encourage all employees to check out the latest industry happenings. We’ll cover the cost!
- Plus much more
- Flexible working hours, monthly tech talks and weekly fitness classes, to name a few.
Detroit, Michigan - in the heart of Greektown!
Hello Innovation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, State or local law.