Working at Hello Innovation is more than just a job. It’s an invitation to reinvent the world as we know it, to go against the grain of what’s possible and to rewrite the rules along the way. Every day we get up and challenge ourselves to solve problems that matter, the problems that impact billions and bring radical change and improvement to humankind.
This may sound like a crazy, lofty goal, but we came from nothing (no investors or debt) and for nearly two decades our products have touched hundreds of millions of people. We’ve proved that industries change, problems are solved and lives are improved when design, technology, and the unexpected collide. And we’re just getting started.
A career at HI isn’t for everyone. We’re an eclectic team of dreamers, creators and doers who are on a mission to bring meaningful innovation to the world. If you’re looking to be inspired, challenged and leave work every day knowing you did the best work of your life, you’ve come to the right place.
ABOUT THE JOB
An Executive Assistant at HI is so much more than a glorified secretary…
This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to work alongside our visionary CEO to help shape the future at one of Michigan's fastest-growing private companies. We’re searching for an incredibly driven individual that’s hungry for the opportunity to learn, grow and make a real impact.
Not only will you do whatever it takes to support our CEO’s daily activities and keep him focused on the work that matters, but you will also have direct responsibility for projects and initiatives that range from minor to world-changing. At the end of the day, we play to win and we’re on a straight-shot path to change the world with the products we create. As the Executive Assistant to our CEO, you get to ride shotgun through it all.
If you’re looking for a relaxed, predictable, super-structured role with a better work/life balance, this is NOT the job for you. But, if you’re ready to fast-track career and uncover your passions by learning about all aspects of business, then keep reading...
- You’re ready for anything that comes your way. You’re not knocked off balance by the unexpected and are always up for a challenge.
- You’re a modern-day MacGyver. You’ve never met a problem that couldn’t be solved.
- You get sh*t done. You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done. Giving up simply isn’t an option, especially when facing resistance or setbacks.
- ...And you get it done right, down to the last detail. You believe the difference between mediocrity and excellence is attention to detail.
- You’re energized by helping people, but aren’t afraid to take the lead. You love playing a supporting role, but aren’t afraid to stand alone when it comes to making decisions and owning initiatives.
- You thrive under pressure. You’ve mastered the art of juggling multiple priorities and prefer a fast-paced environment.
- You love to bring structure to chaos. You can orchestrate resources and organize schedules, plans, projects and assets like nobody’s business.
- You’ve mastered the art of communication. You understand how people think and work, and can determine the best way to get things done by speaking their language.
- You’re flexible. You can adapt to a changing schedule, work weekends or evenings when necessary, and take calls / answer emails when needed.
- This isn't your first rodeo. You have 2+ years experience as an executive assistant and / or project manager in a fast-paced environment.
- Help our CEO and leadership team “get there faster” on a variety of projects by researching topics, analyzing information, providing key insights and identifying strategic solutions.
- Execute and / or lead a wide variety of projects and special assignments that range from minor to ground breaking.
- Track and help drive the completion of key deliverables by following up on outstanding items and acting as a liaison for our CEO’s direct reports.
- Coordinate our CEO’s busy, constantly-changing schedule, including reading and routing correspondence, setting appointments, preparing for meetings, making reservations, and traveling as needed to support his initiatives.
- Coordinate general office management tasks to ensure the office is fully stocked, organized and presentable at all times.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Meaningful work. This is not just a job. You can find a job anywhere. This is a place for the bold to get paid to give a sh*t and make a real impact on people’s lives when they need it most.
- Be a part of something (really) big. Our products touch over 45 million people every month, and we are chasing problems that billions suffer from. Not just any problem, the ones that are filled with purpose and meaning. This is your chance to be more than a number and make history.
- No red tape. Say goodbye to pointless meetings or political hoops to jump through. We’re scrappy, believe in autonomy and empower our teams to do whatever it takes to do the unthinkable.
- Learning animal environment. Learn more here than any other place on earth. We make sure you never stop growing and offer an allowance for continued learning.
- We ignite the best in you. We exist not only to deliver meaningful innovation, but to ignite and inspire the creative problem solver in you.
- A creative, come-as-you-are environment. Our team never stops pushing you to be the best that you can be and still makes time to have some fun.
- Top of market pay. Along with a full benefits package including health, dental and 401k.
- Plus many more. Additional perks include daily catered lunches, team activities, paid holidays, bonuses and much more.
Diversity isn’t just a checkbox. At Hello Innovation, our eclectic team from all walks of life is our secret sauce to meaningful innovation. Needless to say, we are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.