Director of Digital Fabrication
- Pontiac, MI
- Full Time
Working at Hello Innovation is more than just a job. It’s an invitation to reinvent the world as we know it, to go against the grain of what’s possible and to rewrite the rules along the way. Every day we get up and challenge ourselves to create products that are sexier, work better and solve problems that no one has ever thought to solve.
A decade later, we’ve proved that industries change, problems are solved and lives are improved when design, technology, and the unexpected collide. And we’re just getting started.
A career at HI isn’t for everyone. We’re an eclectic team of dreamers, creators and doers who are on a mission to bring meaningful innovation to the world. If you’re looking to be inspired, challenged and leave work every day knowing you did the best work of your life, you’ve come to the right place.
ABOUT THE JOB
Our innovation lab exists because research, development and empowering our team to create is at the heart of our mission...And we’re looking for a Director of Digital Fabrication to help us turn ideas into reality.
In this role, you will be integral to the daily workings of our innovation lab, leading all things digital fabrication and robotic engineering; rolling up your sleeves and seeing projects from design and programming, all the way through to production. Our Lead Digital Fabricator will truly have access to it all, from the latest and greatest laser cutters, 3D printers and CNC machines, to our Kuka 7-axis robotic arm.
- Your purpose here on earth is to create. You’re ready to make your mark by writing the story to be told about the next generation of digital fabrication with a company that’s not afraid to break the rules.
- This isn’t your first rodeo. You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Architecture, Industrial Design, Robotics or a related field and have experience programming 5-axis (or greater) CNC machines and other fabrication tools, working with a wide variety of materials.
- You’re the full package. You can strategize, conceptualize, translate and create 2D & 3D models leveraging programs such as Rhino, AutoCad, Revit, Fusion 360, ZBrush, Maya, Sketchup, etc.
- You get sh*t done. You’ve worked with small, scrappy teams and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- You’re a systems thinker. Your ability to see the big picture, zoom into the details and understand how all of the pieces work together allows you to simplify the complex.
- You’re up for the challenge. When others want to run for the hills, you want to dive deeper; leveraging existing and creating new methodologies to solve problems.
- Lead design and production for all things digital fabrication; working both independently and with a team of industrial designers, engineers and innovators to turn ideas and art into a reality.
- Conceptualize, translate, define and create 2D and 3D models that represent the vision and the intent of the project.
- Manage the acquisition, installation, operation, maintenance and repair of fabrication equipment.
- Continually improve our creative processes and facilities.
- Play a key role in recruiting, onboarding and leading team members.
- Oversee and ensure a safe environment; implementing safe operating procedures for equipment.
- Manage the sourcing, purchasing and storage of materials and supplies; maintaining sufficient inventory.
- Stay up to date with relevant technology and developments in the field.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Meaningful work. This is not just a job. You can find a job anywhere. This is a place for the bold to get paid to give a sh*t and make a real impact on people’s lives when they need it most.
- Be part of something (really) big. Our products touch over 45 million people every month, and we are chasing problems that billions suffer from. Not just any problem, the ones that are filled with purpose and meaning. This is your chance to be more than a number and make history.
- No red tape. Say goodbye to pointless meetings or political hoops to jump through. We’re scrappy, believe in autonomy and empower our teams to do whatever it takes to do the unthinkable.
- Learning animal environment. Learn more here than any other place on earth. We make sure you never stop growing and offer an allowance for continued learning.
- We ignite the best in you. We exist not only to deliver meaningful innovation, but to ignite and inspire the creative problem solver in you.
- A creative, come-as-you-are environment. Our team never stops pushing you to be the best that you can be and still makes time to have some fun.
- Top of market pay. Along with a full benefits package including health, dental and 401k.
- Plus many more. Additional perks include daily catered lunches, team activities, paid holidays, bonuses and much more.
Diversity isn’t just a checkbox. At Hello Innovation, our eclectic team from all walks of life is our secret sauce to meaningful innovation. Needless to say, we are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.