Director of Content Marketing
- Detroit, MI
- Full Time
- Marketing & Sales
Working at Hello Innovation is more than just a job. It’s an invitation to reinvent the world as we know it, to go against the grain of what’s possible and to rewrite the rules along the way. Every day we get up and challenge ourselves to create products that are sexier, work better and solve problems that no one has ever thought to solve.
A decade later, we’ve proved that industries change, problems are solved and lives are improved when design, technology, and the unexpected collide. And we’re just getting started.
A career at HI isn’t for everyone. We’re an eclectic team of dreamers, creators and doers who are on a mission to bring meaningful innovation to the world. If you’re looking to be inspired, challenged and leave work every day knowing you did the best work of your life, you’ve come to the right place.
ABOUT THE JOB
This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to create the content identity for one of Michigan's fastest growing companies. It’s truly a passionate Content Marketer’s dream job with a wealth of topics and access to the hottest content creation tools you can imagine. We don't believe in red tape or limits; we’ll arm you with the resources you’ll need to create the baddest content of your life.
A Director of Content Marketing at Hello Innovation acts as part editor in chief, part project manager, part recruiter, part media manager and part content creator. If you need layers of corporate structure and process, this isn’t the position for you.
- You’re up for the challenge. When others want to run for the hills, you want to dive deeper.
- Your purpose here on earth is to redefine the way the world tells stories. You’re ready to make your mark by writing the story to be told about the next generation of content marketing with a company that’s not afraid to break the rules.
- You’re human-centered to the core. You truly understand people and are fueled to deliver content tailored to suit their needs.
- You get sh*t done. You’ve worked with small, scrappy teams and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- This isn’t your first rodeo. You have experience creating and managing high quality content to support B2B or B2C marketing teams.
- Establish a media network in all relevant fields for Hello Innovation and our subsidiary brands.
- Build relationships with influential associations and thought-leaders.
- Create and manage strategic content calendars and distribution plans across our portfolio of companies that supports lead generation and conversion goals across all stages of the funnel.
- Strategize and execute innovative campaigns, product launches, messages and tactics that engage the target audience and help us reach our goals.
- Deliver a strategic approach to run all of Hello Innovation's media channels (including Hello Innovation.com and subsidiary brand websites), following our brand guidelines.
- Manage the production of top quality, relevant content according to strategic plans.
- Select and manage both in-house and freelance content creators that regularly create valuable content in a variety of forms (videos, articles, infographics, ebooks, case studies, photography, interactive portals and more); ensuring top quality execution that's on brand and on target.
- Assist in the development of editorial governance and brand style guides so content is consistent with our brand voice, style and tone.
- Create production workflows for our content to ensure consistency, timeliness and accuracy of message.
- Drive traffic to content assets by leveraging search, social media, landing pages, advertising and more.
- Leverage relevant professional and media contacts to guarantee full exploitation of all Hello Innovation content with the aim to reach more eyes and increase revenue.
- Acts as a content developer and curator for Hello Innovation and our subsidiary brands across all channels.
- Keep up with the latest in conventional and new media to ensure we harness the latest techniques, tactics and technologies.
- Measure and report on the success of content assets. Develop & implement strategies for conversion.
- Identify and optimize best performing content and channels for delivery to ensure focus of content development.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Meaningful work. This is not just a job. You can find a job anywhere. This is a place for the bold to get paid to give a sh*t and make a real impact on people’s lives when they need it most.
- Be part of something (really) big. Our products touch over 45 million people every month, and we are chasing problems that billions suffer from. Not just any problem, the ones that are filled with purpose and meaning. This is your chance to be more than a number and make history.
- No red tape. Say goodbye to pointless meetings or political hoops to jump through. We’re scrappy, believe in autonomy and empower our teams to do whatever it takes to do the unthinkable.
- Learning animal environment. Learn more here than any other place on earth. We make sure you never stop growing and offer an allowance for continued learning.
- We ignite the best in you. We exist not only to deliver meaningful innovation, but to ignite and inspire the creative problem solver in you.
- A creative, come-as-you-are environment. Our team never stops pushing you to be the best that you can be and still makes time to have some fun.
- Plus many more. Additional perks include a full benefits package, daily catered lunches, team activities, paid holidays, bonuses and much more.
Diversity isn’t just a checkbox. At Hello Innovation, our eclectic team from all walks of life is our secret sauce to meaningful innovation. Needless to say, we are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.