Working at Hello Innovation is more than just a job. It’s an invitation to reinvent the world as we know it, to go against the grain of what’s possible and to rewrite the rules along the way. Every day we get up and challenge ourselves to solve problems that matter, the problems that impact billions and bring radical change and improvement to humankind.
This may sound like a crazy, lofty goal, but we came from nothing (no investors or debt) and for nearly two decades our products have touched hundreds of millions of people. We’ve proved that industries change, problems are solved and lives are improved when design, technology, and the unexpected collide. And we’re just getting started.
A career at HI isn’t for everyone. We’re an eclectic team of dreamers, creators and doers who are on a mission to bring meaningful innovation to the world. If you’re looking to be inspired, challenged and leave work every day knowing you did the best work of your life, you’ve come to the right place.
Do you live and breathe to streamline accounting operations? Does brainstorming ways to run things smoother, faster and more cost effectively keep you up at night? Does analyzing financial trends, extracting strategic insight and preparing special reports sound like a fun afternoon to you? Are you ready to toss corporate BS to the curb and start making a real impact? Then we should talk.
We are looking for a forward-thinking Controller to help lead the financial success of our quickly-growing company. This isn’t your typical Controller position - you have the opportunity to to put your ideas into action by helping to re-haul the accounting organization at one of Michigan’s fastest growing private companies.
If you think this role is padded with layers of processes and corporate structure, this isn’t the position for you. Our Controller will need to have a proactive approach, work hard, be flexible, never let anything slip, and take personal responsibility for our accounting department.
- Take responsibility for the daily operation of the accounting department, ensuring that all financial and bookkeeping functions are carried out in accordance with accounting best practices.
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protect the company’s assets by establishing and monitoring internal controls.
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Execute and/or manage all accounting functions including but not limited to: cash flow, deposits, invoicing, budget, AP, AR, payroll, banking, petty cash, journal entries, bank and credit reconciliations and end of month and year proceedings such as tax filing.
- Own the maintenance and administration of HR controls/processes/compliance.
- Administer and provide technical guidance on insurance and benefits.
- Demonstrate accountability, drive, flexibility and good work ethics and values.
- CPA or CMA is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a controller or accounting manager.
- Extensive problem solving, mathematical and analytical skills are required.
- Computer skills required to include word processing, spreadsheet and database management.
- Knowledge and understanding of benefit administration, employment law and federal and state regulations.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Meaningful work. This is not just a job. You can find a job anywhere. This is a place for the bold to get paid to give a sh*t and make a real impact on people’s lives when they need it most.
- Be part of something (really) big. Our products touch over 45 million people every month, and we are chasing problems that billions suffer from. Not just any problem, the ones that are filled with purpose and meaning. This is your chance to be more than a number and make history.
- No red tape. Say goodbye to pointless meetings or political hoops to jump through. We’re scrappy, believe in autonomy and empower our teams to do whatever it takes to do the unthinkable.
- Learning animal environment. Learn more here than any other place on earth. We make sure you never stop growing and offer an allowance for continued learning.
- We ignite the best in you. We exist not only to deliver meaningful innovation, but to ignite and inspire the creative problem solver in you.
- A creative, come-as-you-are environment. Our team never stops pushing you to be the best that you can be and still makes time to have some fun.
- Top of market pay. Along with a full benefits package including health, dental and 401k.
- Plus many more. Additional perks include daily catered lunches, team activities, paid holidays, bonuses and much more.
Diversity isn’t just a checkbox. At Hello Innovation, our eclectic team from all walks of life is our secret sauce to meaningful innovation. Needless to say, we are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Detroit, Michigan - in the heart of Greektown!