Working at Hello Innovation is more than just a job. It’s an invitation to reinvent the world as we know it, to go against the grain of what’s possible and to rewrite the rules along the way. Every day we get up and challenge ourselves to solve problems that matter, the problems that impact billions and bring radical change and improvement to humankind.
This may sound like a crazy, lofty goal, but we came from nothing (no investors or debt) and for nearly two decades our products have touched hundreds of millions of people. We’ve proved that industries change, problems are solved and lives are improved when design, technology, and the unexpected collide. And we’re just getting started.
A career at HI isn’t for everyone. We’re an eclectic team of dreamers, creators and doers who are on a mission to bring meaningful innovation to the world. If you’re looking to be inspired, challenged and leave work every day knowing you did the best work of your life, you’ve come to the right place.
ABOUT THE JOB
A Special Projects Assistant at HI is so much more than your typical project management role...
This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to work alongside our visionary CEO to help shape the future at one of Michigan's fastest-growing private companies.
Our Special Projects Assistant will do whatever it takes to help support the explosive growth of our company; ensuring our CEO’s various projects are moved from conceptualization to completion.
Our ideal candidate will be an extension of our CEO, acting as part strategic problem solver, part project manager and part recruiter. If you need layers of corporate structure and process, this isn’t the position for you.
- You’re up for the challenge. You’re not knocked off balance by the unexpected and are always ready for anything that comes your way. When others want to run for the hills, you want to dive deeper. Giving up simply isn’t an option, especially when facing resistance or setbacks.
- You’re a modern-day MacGyver. You’ve never met a problem that couldn’t be solved. You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves to get sh*t done.
- You’re energized by helping people, but love to take the lead. You aren’t afraid to stand alone when it comes to making decisions and leading initiatives.
- You’ve got a nose for talent. You have the uncanny ability to spot the talent needed to get the job done.
- You love to bring structure to chaos. You can orchestrate resources and keep teams accountable like nobody’s business.
- You’ve mastered the art of communication. You understand how people think and work, and can determine the best way to get things done by speaking their language.
- You thrive under pressure. You’ve mastered the art of juggling multiple priorities and prefer a fast-paced environment.
- This isn't your first rodeo. You have 3+ years experience as a project manager in a fast-paced, quickly changing startup environment.
- Take ownership of special projects to support the CEO. Propel these initiatives across the organization to successful completion.
- Hire and manage internal and external resources as needed.
- Help our CEO and leadership team “get there faster” on a variety of projects by researching topics, analyzing information, providing key insights and identifying strategic solutions.
- Act as a liaison on key initiatives with partners both within and outside of the organization.
- Perform other duties at the request of the CEO.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Meaningful work. This is not just a job. You can find a job anywhere. This is a place for the bold to get paid to give a sh*t and make a real impact on people’s lives when they need it most.
- Be part of something (really) big. Our products touch over 45 million people every month, and we are chasing problems that billions suffer from. Not just any problem, the ones that are filled with purpose and meaning. This is your chance to be more than a number and make history.
- No red tape. Say goodbye to pointless meetings or political hoops to jump through. We’re scrappy, believe in autonomy and empower our teams to do whatever it takes to do the unthinkable.
- Learning animal environment. Learn more here than any other place on earth. We make sure you never stop growing and offer an allowance for continued learning.
- We ignite the best in you. We exist not only to deliver meaningful innovation, but to ignite and inspire the creative problem solver in you.
- A creative, come-as-you-are environment. Our team never stops pushing you to be the best that you can be and still makes time to have some fun.
- Top of market pay. Along with a full benefits package including health, dental and 401k.
- Plus many more. Additional perks include daily catered lunches, team activities, paid holidays, bonuses and much more.
Diversity isn’t just a checkbox. At Hello Innovation, our eclectic team from all walks of life is our secret sauce to meaningful innovation. Needless to say, we are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.