Working at Hello Innovation is more than just a job. It’s an invitation to reinvent the world as we know it, to go against the grain of what’s possible and to rewrite the rules along the way. Every day we get up and challenge ourselves to solve problems that matter, the problems that impact billions and bring radical change and improvement to humankind.
This may sound like a crazy, lofty goal, but we came from nothing (no investors or debt) and for nearly two decades our products have touched hundreds of millions of people. We’ve proved that industries change, problems are solved and lives are improved when design, technology, and the unexpected collide. And we’re just getting started.
A career at HI isn’t for everyone. We’re an eclectic team of dreamers, creators and doers who are on a mission to bring meaningful innovation to the world. If you’re looking to be inspired, challenged and leave work every day knowing you did the best work of your life, you’ve come to the right place.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for a reliable, dedicated Bookkeeper to be the gatekeeper of all things financial. This isn’t your typical bookkeeping position - you’ll have the opportunity to help rehaul the accounting operation at one of Michigan’s fastest growing private companies.
If you’re a disciple of the old-school mentality, or love doing things the way that they’ve always been done, this isn’t the role for you. We’re looking for someone who can help us develop smarter, more efficient ways of working and isn’t afraid to disrupt the status quo.
- You get sh*t done. You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done. Giving up simply isn’t an option, especially when facing resistance or setbacks.
- ...And you get it done right, down to the last detail. Poorly managed books and unfiltered spending keep you up at night. You believe the difference between mediocrity and excellence is attention to detail.
- You’re a chameleon. You adapt to changes quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You love to bring structure to chaos. You live to improve financial systems and streamline financial processes.
- You’ve mastered the art of communication. You understand how people think and work, and can determine the best way to get things done by speaking their language.
- This isn't your first rodeo. You have 2+ years of accounting / bookkeeping experience, including experience working in payroll services, accounts payable and receivable, and general ledger. You might know a thing or two about Quickbooks and Excel.
- Responsible for all accounting functions including cash flow, deposits, invoicing, budget, AP, AR, petty cash, journal entries, bank and credit reconciliations and end of month and year proceedings such as tax filing.
- Monitors all spending, in and out, to ensure that we are being as smart and efficient as possible.
- Creates policies and procedures around our finances, annual budgets and day-to-day spending.
- Maintains contracts, agreements and record keeping.
- Prepares monthly expense reports, budgets, payroll and finances for our business units.
- Responsible for in-hire processing, benefit enrollment and personnel files.
- Ensures successful daily operation of the office including problem resolution, purchases and supply orders.
- Continuously looks for ways to improve spending and streamline financial processes.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Meaningful work. This is not just a job. You can find a job anywhere. This is a place for the bold to get paid to give a sh*t and make a real impact on people’s lives when they need it most.
- Be a part of something (really) big. Our products touch over 45 million people every month, and we are chasing problems that billions suffer from. Not just any problem, the ones that are filled with purpose and meaning. This is your chance to be more than a number and make history.
- No red tape. Say goodbye to pointless meetings or political hoops to jump through. We’re scrappy, believe in autonomy and empower our teams to do whatever it takes to do the unthinkable.
- Learning animal environment. Learn more here than any other place on earth. We make sure you never stop growing and offer an allowance for continued learning.
- We ignite the best in you. We exist not only to deliver meaningful innovation, but to ignite and inspire the creative problem solver in you.
- A creative, come-as-you-are environment. Our team never stops pushing you to be the best that you can be and still makes time to have some fun.
- Top of market pay. Along with a full benefits package including health, dental and 401k.
- Plus many more. Additional perks include daily catered lunches, team activities, paid holidays, bonuses and much more.
Diversity isn’t just a checkbox. At Hello Innovation, our eclectic team from all walks of life is our secret sauce to meaningful innovation. Needless to say, we are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.