- Detroit, MI
- Full Time
Working at Hello Innovation is more than just a job. It’s an invitation to reinvent the world as we know it, to go against the grain of what’s possible and to rewrite the rules along the way. Every day we get up and challenge ourselves to create products that are sexier, work better and solve problems that no one has ever thought to solve.
A decade later, we’ve proved that industries change, problems are solved and lives are improved when design, technology, and the unexpected collide. And we’re just getting started.
A career at HI isn’t for everyone. We’re an eclectic team of dreamers, creators and doers who are on a mission to bring meaningful innovation to the world. If you’re looking to be inspired, challenged and leave work every day knowing you did the best work of your life, you’ve come to the right place.
ABOUT THE JOB
We’re looking for a passionate Architect to join our team of dreamers and doers to turn innovative, out-of-the-box ideas into a physical reality across architectural projects of varying types.
In this role, you will create, lead and manage all architectural projects, including planning, designing, analyzing, constructing and permitting. But this isn’t your typical architecture role… we want someone who will use a blend of architectural design, psychology, and strategy to design solutions that go beyond just a look.
- You’re a modern day MacGyver. You live to solve problems and are able to learn and adapt to change on the fly, constantly looking for the perfect solution to our design challenges.
- You get sh*t done. You’ve worked with small, scrappy teams and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- You’re a systems thinker. Your ability to see the big picture, zoom into the details and understand how all of the pieces work together allows you to simplify the complex.
- Perfection is in the details. You have a keen eye for detail; noticing things that others don’t.
- You see things through. You take ownership of your projects from concept to completion, ensuring that your designs are built to spec.
- You’re a tech nerd at heart. You leverage software and new technologies to help you get the job done and are proficient with Revit, Rhino, Grasshopper, AutoCAD, Sketchup, 3dsMax and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- This isn’t your first rodeo. You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Architecture or Design and at least 5 years of architecture experience. Registered Architect preferred.
- Use architectural thinking, methodologies, psychology and strategy to design spaces that incite emotion.
- Translate needs and desires into visual concepts; preparing architectural drawings for presentations, space planning, concepts, schematics, design development and construction documents.
- Effectively communicate design recommendations, creative concepts and best practices to project teams, contractors, vendors and team members.
- Research products, solutions and systems that align with the projects’ vision and goals.
- Manage projects from concept to close-out; managing multiple aspects including full documentation coordination with structural, MEP, lighting, AV, landscape and civil consultants as needed.
- Stay up to date with relevant technology and developments in the field.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Meaningful work. This is not just a job. You can find a job anywhere. This is a place for the bold to get paid to give a sh*t and make a real impact on people’s lives when they need it most.
- Be part of something (really) big. Our products touch over 45 million people every month, and we are chasing problems that billions suffer from. Not just any problem, the ones that are filled with purpose and meaning. This is your chance to be more than a number and make history.
- No red tape. Say goodbye to pointless meetings or political hoops to jump through. We’re scrappy, believe in autonomy and empower our teams to do whatever it takes to do the unthinkable.
- Learning animal environment. Learn more here than any other place on earth. We make sure you never stop growing and offer an allowance for continued learning.
- We ignite the best in you. We exist not only to deliver meaningful innovation, but to ignite and inspire the creative problem solver in you.
- A creative, come-as-you-are environment. Our team never stops pushing you to be the best that you can be and still makes time to have some fun.
- Top of market pay. Along with a full benefits package including health, dental and 401k.
- Plus many more. Additional perks include daily catered lunches, team activities, paid holidays, bonuses and much more.
Diversity isn’t just a checkbox. At Hello Innovation, our eclectic team from all walks of life is our secret sauce to meaningful innovation. Needless to say, we are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.