Director of Finance & Accounting
Working at Hello Innovation is more than just a job. It’s an invitation to reinvent the world as we know it, to go against the grain of what’s possible and to rewrite the rules along the way. Every day we get up and challenge ourselves to solve problems that matter, the problems that impact billions and bring radical change and improvement to humankind.
This may sound like a crazy, lofty goal, but we came from nothing (no investors or debt) and for nearly two decades our products have touched hundreds of millions of people. We’ve proved that industries change, problems are solved and lives are improved when design, technology, and the unexpected collide. And we’re just getting started.
A career at HI isn’t for everyone. We’re an eclectic team of dreamers, creators and doers who are on a mission to bring meaningful innovation to the world. If you’re looking to be inspired, challenged and leave work every day knowing you did the best work of your life, you’ve come to the right place.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for a highly driven Director of Finance to own the success of our fast-growing organization’s finance and accounting department. This isn’t your typical Director of Finance position - you have the opportunity to report directly to the CEO and put your ideas into action by helping to formulate the financial future at one of Michigan’s fastest growing private companies.
If you aren’t hungry to learn, grow and do whatever it takes to make a real impact this isn’t the role for you. Our Director of Finance will need to have a hands-on approach, and will be directly involved with everything it takes to protect, manage and grow our money.
- You’re a Finance Ninja. You live and breathe to analyze data to predict future trends. Brainstorming ways to maximize return on cash keeps you up at night. You’re ready to toss corporate BS to the curb and make a real impact.
- ...And a modern day MacGyver. Your keen business insight and ability to make sense of complex information allows you to see ahead to future possibilities and create breakthrough strategies.
- You’re a systems thinker who lives to streamline operations. You have the ability to see the big picture, zoom in to the details and understand how all of the pieces work together. Your natural knack for connecting the dots helps you systemize operations.
- You get sh*t done. You’ve managed small, scrappy teams and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- You’ve mastered the art of communication. You understand how people think and work, and can determine the best way to get things done by speaking their language.
- This isn't your first rodeo. 5+ years of proven financial leadership experience as a Director, Manager or Controller; a CPA or CMA certification is a plus.
- Establish a financial strategy and KPI’s that support our company’s strategic vision, business model, goals and financial objectives.
- Develop a high-performance financial infrastructure that drives efficiency and accuracy of financial planning and reporting.
- Analyze data to understand what's happening in the market; guide financial decisions by playing a strategic role in maximizing return and limiting risk on cash.
- Ensure the company is compliant with all tax requirements and authorities, and optimize tax strategies within compliance.
- Manage the daily operation of the accounting department, ensuring that all financial and bookkeeping functions are carried out efficiently, accurately and in accordance with best practices.
- Oversee employee compensation and benefits plans.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Meaningful work. This is not just a job. You can find a job anywhere. This is a place for the bold to get paid to give a sh*t and make a real impact on people’s lives when they need it most.
- Be a part of something (really) big. Our products touch over 45 million people every month, and we are chasing problems that billions suffer from. Not just any problem, the ones that are filled with purpose and meaning. This is your chance to be more than a number and make history.
- No red tape. Say goodbye to pointless meetings or political hoops to jump through. We’re scrappy, believe in autonomy and empower our teams to do whatever it takes to do the unthinkable.
- Learning animal environment. Learn more here than any other place on earth. We make sure you never stop growing and offer an allowance for continued learning.
- We ignite the best in you. We exist not only to deliver meaningful innovation, but to ignite and inspire the creative problem solver in you.
- A creative, come-as-you-are environment. Our team never stops pushing you to be the best that you can be and still makes time to have some fun.
- Top of market pay. Along with a full benefits package including health, dental and 401k.
- Plus many more. Additional perks include daily catered lunches, team activities, paid holidays, bonuses and much more.
Currently, our team is working remotely due to COVID-19, but we will reopen our offices once it's safe. This position will be based out of our Detroit, MI office.
Diversity isn’t just a checkbox. At Hello Innovation, our eclectic team from all walks of life is our secret sauce to meaningful innovation. Needless to say, we are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.