Director of IT (Information Technology)
Driving innovation is easier said than done. It starts and ends with a solid IT foundation...and that’s where we need you.
If shaping and maintaining the technological infrastructure that empowers us to disrupt industries and impact the lives of billions doesn’t scare you, then keep reading.
Working at Hello Innovation is more than just a job. It’s an invitation to reinvent the world as we know it, to go against the grain of what’s possible and to rewrite the rules along the way. Every day we get up and challenge ourselves to solve problems that matter, the problems that impact billions and bring radical change and improvement to humankind.
This may sound like a crazy, lofty goal, but we came from nothing (no investors or debt) and for nearly two decades our products have touched hundreds of millions of people. We’ve proved that industries change, problems are solved and lives are improved when design, technology, and the unexpected collide. And we’re just getting started.
A career at HI isn’t for everyone. We’re an eclectic team of dreamers, creators and doers who are on a mission to bring meaningful innovation to the world. If you’re looking to be inspired, challenged and leave work every day knowing you did the best work of your life, you’ve come to the right place.
About The Job
Information Technology at HI is so much more than just systems and servers…
It's the driving force behind our innovations, the backbone that enables us to redefine industries and make a meaningful impact.
Our Director of IT won’t only maintain servers and troubleshoot issues -- they will play a key role in laying the technological foundation that will drive large-scale innovations and propel us into the future.
If you're looking for a mundane, by-the-books IT role, this is not the job for you.
At the end of the day, we play to win and we’re on a straight-shot path to change the world with the products we create. If you’re ready to play an instrumental role in shaping the next wave of innovation, then read on...
- You’re a modern-day MacGyver. You’ve never met a problem that couldn’t be solved. When others want to run for the hills, you thrive and stop at nothing when others say it can’t be done.
- You get sh*t done. You’ve worked with small, scrappy teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done -- no babysitter required.
- You’re a systems thinker. You have the ability to see the big picture, zoom into the details and understand how all of the pieces work together. Your natural knack for connecting the dots helps you integrate complex systems.
- You’re a master of your craft. With a deep understanding of infrastructure architecture and database systems, you're also well-versed in the latest cloud architectures and server technologies. Your comprehensive grasp extends to network configurations, cybersecurity protocols, and the implementation of scalable solutions.
- You can’t stop thinking about what’s next. You have a deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and a keen insight into how they can be leveraged.
- You’ve mastered the art of communication. You can gracefully break down, solve, and explain even the most complex problems to non-technical audiences.
- This isn’t your first rodeo. You bring over 5 years of hands-on experience in roles like IT Director, Manager, Lead or similar role showcasing your ability to troubleshoot and resolve intricate IT challenges. Your depth of understanding spans systems, networks, internet security, and the best practices in IT, coupled with a solid grasp of data privacy principles. Experience implementing DAM / MAM systems is a plus.
- Contribute to the planning, development, implementation of IT strategies that support business goals and push the boundaries of what’s possible across our growing portfolio of businesses and products.
- Oversee and maintain IT infrastructure, including hardware, servers, cloud services, networks, and more; ensuring scalability, optimal performance, and reliability on our path to reach billions.
- Implement and monitor security protocols to protect against unauthorized access and cyber threats; ensuring our tech processes and strategies consistently meet and exceed industry best practices and regulations.
- Establish, reinforce, execute and improve backup procedures and disaster recovery plans.
- Evaluate and select IT vendors, and manage these relationships to ensure quality and cost-effectiveness.
- Own the acquisition, installation, and maintenance of software and hardware.
- Ensure our team has the tools and support they need to succeed; from setting up workstations and licensing software to addressing tech-related issues and queries.
- Assemble, inspire, and lead an exceptional IT team that embodies our dedication to setting new standards through a culture of innovation, continuous learning, and growth.
- Stay ahead of the curve and keep your finger on the pulse of the IT landscape to fuel our innovation, outpace the market and maintain our edge.
Compensation & Perks
- Meaningful work. This is not just a job. You can find a job anywhere. This is a place for the bold to get paid to give a sh*t and make a real impact on people’s lives when they need it most.
- Be part of something (really) big. Our products touch over 45 million people every month, and we are chasing problems that billions suffer from. Not just any problem, the ones that are filled with purpose and meaning. This is your chance to be more than a number and make history.
- Don’t just imagine it - create it at our Moonshot Factory. You’ll have access to our newly built Dreamlab, our secret research and development lab where employees aren’t focused on what’s today - but what’s next… Imagine a 30,000 sq ft facility with the machines, tools, and resources (from 7 axis robots to coating systems) to create…anything.
- No red tape. Say goodbye to pointless meetings or political hoops to jump through. We’re scrappy, believe in autonomy and empower our teams to do whatever it takes to do the unthinkable.
- Learning animal culture. Learn more here than any other place on earth. We make sure you never stop growing and offer an allowance for continued learning.
- We ignite the best in you. We exist not only to deliver meaningful innovation, but to ignite and inspire the creative problem solver in you.
- A creative, come-as-you-are environment. Our team never stops pushing you to be the best that you can be and still makes time to have some fun.
- Top of market pay & benefits. Along with a full benefits package including health, dental, vision, and 401k.
- Relocation support. Whether you're across the state or across the globe, we value talent above all. We will pay for relocation costs and sponsor visas for the ideal candidate.
- Plus many more. Additional perks include daily catered lunches, team activities, paid holidays, bonuses and much more.
Diversity isn’t just a checkbox. At Hello Innovation, our eclectic team from all walks of life is our secret sauce to meaningful innovation. Needless to say, we are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.