Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
As our CTO you’ll be at the helm of our technical vision; leading the charge in building the tech & infrastructure for products with the potential to improve the lives of billions.
If disrupting markets and shifting culture with products the world has never seen before doesn’t scare you, then read on.
Working at Hello Innovation is more than just a job. It’s an invitation to reinvent the world as we know it, to go against the grain of what’s possible and to rewrite the rules along the way. Every day we get up and challenge ourselves to solve problems that matter, the problems that impact billions and bring radical change and improvement to humankind.
This may sound like a crazy, lofty goal, but we came from nothing (no investors or debt) and for nearly two decades our products have touched hundreds of millions of people. We’ve proved that industries change, problems are solved and lives are improved when design, technology, and the unexpected collide. And we’re just getting started.
A career at HI isn’t for everyone. We’re an eclectic team of dreamers, creators and doers who are on a mission to bring meaningful innovation to the world. If you’re looking to be inspired, challenged and leave work every day knowing you did the best work of your life, you’ve come to the right place.
About The Job
Our CTO will lead the charge in shaping our technological infrastructure, creating innovative SaaS products, web apps, and leading high-performance engineering and technology teams.
This is not a role for the routine-motivated or the complacent. This is a role for the pioneers, the visionaries, who are not afraid to rethink everything…and aren’t afraid to lead and do.
- You’re a modern-day MacGyver. You’ve never met a problem that couldn’t be solved. When others want to run for the hills, you thrive and stop at nothing when others say it can’t be done.
- You get sh*t done. You’ve led small, scrappy teams to new levels of performance in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- You think in systems. You have the ability to see the big picture, zoom into the details and understand how all of the pieces work together. Your natural knack for connecting the dots helps you integrate complex systems.
- You’re human-centered to the core. You truly understand people’s needs and are fueled by finding new ways to use technology to improve people’s lives.
- You can’t stop thinking about what’s next. You have a deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and a keen insight into how they can be harnessed to redefine the user experience.
- You’re a master of your craft. You know the latest web/app technologies and frameworks inside and out and also have a comprehensive understanding of infrastructure architecture, database systems, and the implementation of scalable solutions.
- You know a thing or two about business. You also have a robust understanding of business strategy, operations and data analytics, coupled with an exceptional ability to inspire and manage high-performing teams, and cultivate interpersonal relationships.
- You’ve mastered the art of communication. You can gracefully break down, solve, and explain even the most complex problems to non-technical audiences.
- This isn’t your first rodeo. You've served as a CTO, CIO, Engineering Leader, or in a similar leadership role within the tech industry and have an impressive record of managing and delivering large-scale software and web projects.
- Drive and oversee the strategy, planning, execution, and delivery of technology projects that push the boundaries of what's possible across our growing portfolio of businesses and products.
- Architect and manage our technical infrastructure; ensuring scalability, optimal performance, and reliability on our path to reach billions.
- Assemble, inspire, and lead exceptional technology and engineering teams that embody our dedication to creating products that set new standards through a culture of innovation, continuous learning, and growth.
- Strategize, direct and manage all engineering and technical decisions across our portfolio of products; ensuring our products deliver a unique and delightful experience to our users.
- Stay ahead of the curve and keep your finger on the pulse of the technology landscape to fuel our innovation, outpace the market and maintain our edge.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ideate, identify, conceptualize and implement bleeding-edge technology solutions that will enhance our products and services.
- Uphold our commitment to security and privacy by ensuring that our tech processes and strategies meet and exceed industry best practices and regulations.
Compensation & Perks
- Meaningful work. This is not just a job. You can find a job anywhere. This is a place for the bold to get paid to give a sh*t and make a real impact on people’s lives when they need it most.
- Be part of something (really) big. Our products touch over 45 million people every month, and we are chasing problems that billions suffer from. Not just any problem, the ones that are filled with purpose and meaning. This is your chance to be more than a number and make history.
- Don’t just imagine it - create it at our Moonshot Factory. You’ll have access to our newly built Dreamlab, our secret research and development lab where employees aren’t focused on what’s today - but what’s next… Imagine a 30,000 sq ft facility with the machines, tools, and resources (from 7 axis robots to coating systems) to create…anything.
- No red tape. Say goodbye to pointless meetings or political hoops to jump through. We’re scrappy, believe in autonomy and empower our teams to do whatever it takes to do the unthinkable.
- Learning animal culture. Learn more here than any other place on earth. We make sure you never stop growing and offer an allowance for continued learning.
- We ignite the best in you. We exist not only to deliver meaningful innovation, but to ignite and inspire the creative problem solver in you.
- A creative, come-as-you-are environment. Our team never stops pushing you to be the best that you can be and still makes time to have some fun.
- Top of market pay & benefits. Full benefits package including health, dental, vision, and 401k.
- Relocation support. Whether you're across the state or across the globe, we value talent above all. We will pay for relocation costs and sponsor visas for the ideal candidate.
- Plus many more. Additional perks include daily catered lunches, team activities, paid holidays, bonuses and much more.
Diversity isn’t just a checkbox. At Hello Innovation, our eclectic team from all walks of life is our secret sauce to meaningful innovation. Needless to say, we are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.