Director of Data Science
As our Director of Data Science you will set the foundation that powers impactful data-driven insights; harnessing the power of data to shape our products with the potential to improve the lives of billions.
If diving deep into complex datasets and transforming them into actionable strategies the world has never seen before doesn’t scare you, then read on.
Working at Hello Innovation is more than just a job. It’s an invitation to reinvent the world as we know it, to go against the grain of what’s possible and to rewrite the rules along the way. Every day we get up and challenge ourselves to solve problems that matter, the problems that impact billions and bring radical change and improvement to humankind.
This may sound like a crazy, lofty goal, but we came from nothing (no investors or debt) and for nearly two decades our products have touched hundreds of millions of people. We’ve proved that industries change, problems are solved and lives are improved when design, technology, and the unexpected collide. And we’re just getting started.
A career at HI isn’t for everyone. We’re an eclectic team of dreamers, creators and doers who are on a mission to bring meaningful innovation to the world. If you’re looking to be inspired, challenged and leave work every day knowing you did the best work of your life, you’ve come to the right place.
About The Job
Our Director of Data Science won't just analyze data; they'll breathe life into it, transforming intricate datasets into revolutionary insights that chart the course for our products.
This role isn’t about merely crunching numbers but extracting transformative knowledge; playing a key role in shaping strategies and products that could impact the lives of billions.
If you’re someone who doesn’t settle for the obvious, arrives each day fueled with curiosity, and is eager to shape the data science foundation at a fast-growing company, then we have the perfect challenge for you.
- You’re a modern-day MacGyver. You’ve never met a problem that couldn’t be solved. When others want to run for the hills, you thrive and stop at nothing when others say it can’t be done.
- You get sh*t done. You’ve led small, scrappy teams to new levels of performance in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- You think in systems. You have the ability to see the big picture, zoom into the details and understand how all of the pieces work together. Your natural knack for connecting the dots helps you integrate complex systems and transform complex data into actionable insights.
- Complexity doesn’t faze you. Amidst mountains of data and intricate problems, you remain unfazed. You instinctively navigate through the complexity, pinpointing the true north, making sense of the chaos, and guiding decisions with clarity and precision.
- You’re human-centered to the core. Every data point tells a story and you are fueled by finding insights to improve customer experiences.
- You can’t stop thinking about what’s next. You have a deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and a keen insight into how they can be harnessed to drive data-driven insights and innovations.
- You’re a strategist at heart. You know a thing or two about business strategy and operations and are adept at harnessing data to uncover insights, forecast trends, and drive decisions that propel the business forward. Your analytical prowess bridges the gap between raw data and meaningful action, turning every challenge into an opportunity for growth.
- You’ve mastered the art of communication. With you, data speaks. You possess the rare ability to transform complex datasets into compelling narratives, making them accessible and insightful for all.
- This isn’t your first rodeo. Skilled in SQL, Python, and R, you navigate platforms like Fivetran, Snowflake, and DBT with ease. Beyond technical expertise, you craft compelling data narratives, turning insights into actionable recommendations and solidifying your role as a strategic partner.
- Define the future for our modern data architecture / data stack and make it a reality.
- Own the build-out, evolution, and performance of our data infrastructure.
- Extract, clean, and analyze large datasets, using various analytical and statistical approaches to identify patterns that lead to actionable insights.
- Utilize technical expertise in quantitative analysis, experimentation, data extraction, and data presentation to formulate product & business strategies.
- Collaborate with leadership and cross-functional teams to address business and product challenges; setting the roadmap for collaboration and executing it.
- Drive strategic decisions with data by measuring the impact of initiatives, enhancing decision-making efficiency, and setting, forecasting, and tracking key performance metrics for product efforts.
- Use various machine learning and statistical techniques to create scalable solutions for business challenges.
- Leverage data to guide product development, quantify opportunities, pinpoint challenges, and ensure we’re providing the best possible experience for our customers.
- Collaborate with teams to define north star and operational metrics, and design dashboards and reports that transform complex data into actionable insights for team members at all levels.
- Drive a data-informed culture, ensuring our team has access to the right data at the right time.
- Maintain and ensure data integrity and accuracy, identifying discrepancies and rectifying them as necessary.
- Promote and implement best practices for data privacy and compliance with relevant regulations.
- Stay updated with the latest in data science and related technologies, ensuring we leverage the best tools and approaches.
Compensation & Perks
- Meaningful work. This is not just a job. You can find a job anywhere. This is a place for the bold to get paid to give a sh*t and make a real impact on people’s lives when they need it most.
- Be part of something (really) big. Our products touch over 45 million people every month, and we are chasing problems that billions suffer from. Not just any problem, the ones that are filled with purpose and meaning. This is your chance to be more than a number and make history.
- Don’t just imagine it - create it at our Moonshot Factory. You’ll have access to our newly built Dreamlab, our secret research and development lab where employees aren’t focused on what’s today - but what’s next… Imagine a 30,000 sq ft facility with the machines, tools, and resources (from 7 axis robots to coating systems) to create…anything.
- No red tape. Say goodbye to pointless meetings or political hoops to jump through. We’re scrappy, believe in autonomy and empower our teams to do whatever it takes to do the unthinkable.
- Learning animal culture. Learn more here than any other place on earth. We make sure you never stop growing and offer an allowance for continued learning.
- We ignite the best in you. We exist not only to deliver meaningful innovation, but to ignite and inspire the creative problem solver in you.
- A creative, come-as-you-are environment. Our team never stops pushing you to be the best that you can be and still makes time to have some fun.
- Top of market pay & benefits. Along with a full benefits package including health, dental, vision, and 401k.
- Plus many more. Additional perks include daily catered lunches, team activities, paid holidays, bonuses and much more.
Diversity isn’t just a checkbox. At Hello Innovation, our eclectic team from all walks of life is our secret sauce to meaningful innovation. Needless to say, we are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.