Director of Talent Acquisition
- Detroit, MI
- Full Time
Working at Hello Innovation is more than just a job. It’s an invitation to reinvent the world as we know it, to go against the grain of what’s possible and to rewrite the rules along the way. Every day we get up and challenge ourselves to solve problems that matter, the problems that impact billions and bring radical change and improvement to humankind.
This may sound like a crazy, lofty goal, but we came from nothing (no investors or debt) and for nearly two decades our products have touched hundreds of millions of people. We’ve proved that industries change, problems are solved and lives are improved when design, technology, and the unexpected collide. And we’re just getting started.
A career at HI isn’t for everyone. We’re an eclectic team of dreamers, creators and doers who are on a mission to bring meaningful innovation to the world. If you’re looking to be inspired, challenged and leave work every day knowing you did the best work of your life, you’ve come to the right place.
ABOUT THE JOB
Talent acquisition is different at Hello Innovation. To us, spotting great talent isn’t just another task that has to get done, it’s at the center of who we are.
We are looking for a highly-driven Director of Talent Acquisition to roll up their sleeves and fuel Hello Innovation’s explosive growth with top-tier talent from all over the world. This isn’t your typical Talent Acquisition role - you have the opportunity to get creative and put your ideas into action by helping to formulate the future of recruiting at one of Michigan’s fastest-growing private companies.
If you think this role is padded with layers of processes and corporate structure, this isn’t the position for you. Our Director of Talent Acquisition will need to have a hands-on approach and will be directly involved in everything it takes to attract and hire the world’s best talent.
- You’re up for the challenge. You understand the importance of finding the right candidate for the right role and never settle for less than the best. When others want to run for the hills, you want to dive deeper.
- Your purpose here on earth is to redefine talent acquisition. You’re ready to make your mark by writing the story to be told about the next generation of talent acquisition with a company that’s not afraid to break the rules.
- You’re human-centered to the core. You truly understand people and are fueled to deliver experiences tailored to suit their needs.
- You’re a great judge of character (and talent). You have the uncanny ability to spot people’s strengths and limitations and are able to project what they’re likely to do across a variety of situations.
- You see every interaction as an opportunity. Everywhere you go, you can’t help but to see every interaction as an opportunity to spot great talent or gain valuable insights to help accelerate our talent brand.
- You get sh*t done. You’ve worked with small, scrappy teams and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- This isn't your first rodeo. You have 5+ years experience in talent acquisition or recruiting roles with a track record of attracting and retaining top-notch talent. Experience with recruiting creative talent is a major plus.
- Create and manage a strategic recruiting process from stem-to stern; from needs assessment, to ideal persona identification, sourcing, interviewing and retention.
- Deliver the ultimate candidate experience each and every time, while filling vacancies with the right talent for the role.
- Consult with leadership to understand priorities and needs to establish a long-range talent game plan.
- Hire and manage internal and external recruiters as needed.
- Design and implement an amazing sourcing strategy to identify and attract the best candidates from around the world; actively sourcing passive talent through a variety of methods.
- Manage the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) including documentation and details throughout all phases of recruitment process.
- Lead employer branding initiatives and manage Hello Innovation’s employer brand.
- Integrate talent acquisition into a highly effective onboarding program that provides a successful candidate experience and ensures retention.
- Bring fresh ideas and insights to advance our talent acquisition strategy and vision for the future.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Meaningful work. This is not just a job. You can find a job anywhere. This is a place for the bold to get paid to give a sh*t and make a real impact on people’s lives when they need it most.
- Be part of something (really) big. Our products touch over 45 million people every month, and we are chasing problems that billions suffer from. Not just any problem, the ones that are filled with purpose and meaning. This is your chance to be more than a number and make history.
- No red tape. Say goodbye to pointless meetings or political hoops to jump through. We’re scrappy, believe in autonomy and empower our teams to do whatever it takes to do the unthinkable.
- Learning animal environment. Learn more here than any other place on earth. We make sure you never stop growing and offer an allowance for continued learning.
- We ignite the best in you. We exist not only to deliver meaningful innovation, but to ignite and inspire the creative problem solver in you.
- A creative, come-as-you-are environment. Our team never stops pushing you to be the best that you can be and still makes time to have some fun.
- Top of market pay. Along with a full benefits package including health, dental and 401k.
- Plus many more. Additional perks include daily catered lunches, team activities, paid holidays, bonuses and much more.
Diversity isn’t just a checkbox. At Hello Innovation, our eclectic team from all walks of life is our secret sauce to meaningful innovation. Needless to say, we are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.