Working at Hello Innovation is more than just a job. It’s an invitation to reinvent the world as we know it, to go against the grain of what’s possible and to rewrite the rules along the way. Every day we get up and challenge ourselves to solve problems that matter, the problems that impact billions and bring radical change and improvement to humankind.
This may sound like a crazy, lofty goal, but we came from nothing (no investors or debt) and for nearly two decades our products have touched hundreds of millions of people. We’ve proved that industries change, problems are solved and lives are improved when design, technology, and the unexpected collide. And we’re just getting started.
A career at HI isn’t for everyone. We’re an eclectic team of dreamers, creators and doers who are on a mission to bring meaningful innovation to the world. If you’re looking to be inspired, challenged and leave work every day knowing you did the best work of your life, you’ve come to the right place.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for a forward-thinking Controller to help lead the financial success of our quickly-growing company. This isn’t your typical Controller position - you have the opportunity to to put your ideas into action by helping to rehaul the accounting operation at one of Michigan’s fastest growing private companies.
If you think this role is padded with layers of processes and corporate structure, this isn’t the position for you. Our Controller will need to have a proactive approach, work hard, be flexible, never let anything slip, and take personal responsibility for our accounting department.
- You’re a modern-day McGiver. You can make sense of complex, high quantity information and see ahead to future possibilities to create breakthrough strategies.
- You’re a systems thinker who lives to streamline operations. You have the ability to see the big picture, zoom into the details and understand how all of the pieces work together. Your natural knack for connecting the dots helps you systemize operations.
- You get sh*t done. You’ve worked with small, scrappy teams and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- ...And you get it done right, down to the last detail. You believe the difference between mediocrity and excellence is attention to detail.
- You’ve mastered the art of communication. You understand how people think and work, and can determine the best way to get things done by speaking their language.
- This isn't your first rodeo. You have 2+ years experience as a controller, accounting manager, or in a senior-level accounting position; a CPA or CMA certification is also a major plus.
- Take responsibility for the daily operation of the accounting department, ensuring that all financial and bookkeeping functions are carried out efficiently, accurately and in accordance with accounting best practices.
- Guide financial decisions by playing a strategic role in maximizing return and limiting risk on cash.
- Prepare strategic reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Protect the company’s assets by establishing and monitoring internal controls.
- Administer and provide guidance on insurance and benefits.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Meaningful work. This is not just a job. You can find a job anywhere. This is a place for the bold to get paid to give a sh*t and make a real impact on people’s lives when they need it most.
- Be a part of something (really) big. Our products touch over 45 million people every month, and we are chasing problems that billions suffer from. Not just any problem, the ones that are filled with purpose and meaning. This is your chance to be more than a number and make history.
- No red tape. Say goodbye to pointless meetings or political hoops to jump through. We’re scrappy, believe in autonomy and empower our teams to do whatever it takes to do the unthinkable.
- Learning animal environment. Learn more here than any other place on earth. We make sure you never stop growing and offer an allowance for continued learning.
- We ignite the best in you. We exist not only to deliver meaningful innovation, but to ignite and inspire the creative problem solver in you.
- A creative, come-as-you-are environment. Our team never stops pushing you to be the best that you can be and still makes time to have some fun.
- Top of market pay. Along with a full benefits package including health, dental and 401k.
- Plus many more. Additional perks include daily catered lunches, team activities, paid holidays, bonuses and much more.
Currently, our team is working remotely due to COVID-19, but we will reopen our offices once it's safe. This position will be based out of our Detroit, MI office.
Diversity isn’t just a checkbox. At Hello Innovation, our eclectic team from all walks of life is our secret sauce to meaningful innovation. Needless to say, we are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.